Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the 14th day, he rose again.

Not comparing myself to God with the blog title, but I'm finally at about 95% recovered from probably the most miserable sickness I've come across. Mix congestion, sore throat, nausea and all-over body aches together and multiply it by thirty, and you'll be somewhere near the point I was at. Anyway, enough complaining. Yesterday, I picked up the Sigma 17-35 f/2.8-4.

iPhone shot of the new edition to the family. Finally a good wide and a good tele in the bag.


I dug up this photo from our trip to Tahoe. Group shot at Paradise Summit, Nevada.


NIC also hosted both the men's and women's NJCAA Region 18 Basketball Tournament. The Cardinal men didn't make it to the championship, unfortunately, but it was a great run. Nik and I covered the entire weekend, and here's a shot I got of the NIC bench in the final minutes of their loss against Eastern Utah.


On the other hand, the Lady Cards' proved victorious, and won the Region 18 tournament. It was truely a nail biting game, and the girls came back from a 19 point defecit to beat CSI. Fortunately, I got a shot worthy of Jake's front-page dominant photo mindset. (Long story inside the news room.)


This issue was the one taken to NYC for the college media convention. I just got off the phone with Scott Fink, our news editor, and was informed that we took Best in Show (1st Place) for 2-year papers.

Although I haven't posted in the last two weeks, I have been doing a ton of work with photos. I took some product shots for Local 77, and here's a little series I put together for the DC Siloh Boot.


Anyway, big stuff going on this week. Surprises are fun though, so I won't tell you exactly what's in store. Stay tuned to the blog and you'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for reading, and I promise I won't get on another two-week dryspell.

-Super Pterry

No comments: